Thursday, December 10, 2009

Needles & Pills

I visited the Travel Clinic today and was jabbed in the arm to protect from some form of 3rd world evil. I also walked away with a handful of prescriptions for everything from pills to lessen the effects of altitude sickness to anti-malarial medication, and a couple of others things I've already forgotten (it's a good thing the doc wrote everything down for me!)

He also suggested I determine whether my blood glucose meter would work at altitude. This led to a call to Lifescan who, after answering multitudes of questions for me, told me about http://www.sebastiensassevilleinspires.com. I rang Sebastien and had a really informative chat about dealing with diabetes at altitude. He's really knowledgeable and I appreciate all of his advice. Seb is the first Canadian with diabetes to scale Mount Everest.

No comments:

Post a Comment