Monday, December 7, 2009

Acceptance!

As I've now been accepted by Tusker Trail as a climber, I want to put in an earnest start to climbing the second mountain: raising the sponsorship funds for CARE Canada. CARE has set up a web site to aid in the fund gathering at Sponsor Me. I think the site automatically produces tax receipts!

I've thoroughly enjoyed the training hikes and wish I could do more than the 2-3 per week that I've been doing. It's been so invigorating that I've joined the Alpine Club of Canada to continue hiking extensively after the Kilimanjaro adventure. I did get a little confused yesterday when I noticed that the NCC had put up a warning sign for people to not walk on the ski trail (that we've been using for our training hikes). It comes with a $500 fine!! There's still no snow on the trail although 20 cm are forecast before my next hike. Dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment